Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How do I download LFDAT on my computer from Internet Explorer (I.E.)?
- Assure you are logged on as a system administrator, right click on the Internet Explorer (I.E.) icon and select Properties (or open I.E. and select Tools | Internet Options).
- Select the security tab in the internet properties window.
- Select trusted site on the security panel.
- Verify the security level for this zone is set to medium, change it to medium if not already set.
- Click the sites button in the security panel.
- Uncheck the box to require server verification (https) for all sites in the zone. 7. Type http://landfire.cr.usgs.gov in the add this website to the zone text box. Click add.
- Click close.
- Click the customer level button.
- Scroll down to the downloads section, enable for automatic prompting for the fire downloads.
- Click ok.
- Click yes in the warning window.
- Click ok in the internet options window to close.