The Landscape (LCP) file, a multi-band raster format, is commonly used by wildland fire behavior and fire effects models such as FARSITE and FlamMap. The bands of an LCP file store eight layers of LANDFIRE (LF) data that describe terrain, tree canopy, and surface fuel.
LF also offers the LCP product in GeoTiff form (LCG).
Access LCPs or LCGs by selecting an area of interest then follow the steps below:
- Select the Download Tool
- Select the Method to download product: Rectangle, Polygon, GeoJSON, Template
- Select area of interest
- Click the product version toggle in the data download tool panel to get a list of products for that version
- Click the Fuel or Fuel Capable toggle to get a list of fuel products
- If LF 2016 to present, click on the toggle for Surface and Canopy to locate the .LCP or LCG .tiff files
- If LF 2014 and prior, the .LCP or LCG .tiff files will be shown after selecting the Fuel toggle
- Select the checkbox for the .LCP or the LCG to download:
- .LCP or LCG .tiff 13 Fire Behavior Fuel Models-Anderson
- .LCP or LCG .tiff 40 Fire Behavior Fuel Models-Scott/Burgan
- Enter your email
- Click Download
Access an LCG from the LANDFIRE Product Service (LFPS). With LFPS, users need to explicitly request all the layers for LCG in specific order
- Access the LFPS tool
- Click on the LFPS Form button
- Add all the LCG product layers to the Layer List
|Example for LF 200: (in exact order listed)
- Provide Area of Interest
- Submit Job
Output file will be a .tiff file with layers ordered so that it's compatible with LCP software such as FlamMap.
If need help using the LFPS, access the LFPS User's Guide