LANDFIRE Reference Data
LANDFIRE (LF) would like to acknowledge and thank everyone who has contributed data. LF collects data through user submitted data contributions and by searching for data on websites and agency database systems.
LF welcomes your data contributions throughout the year. The data submission deadline for the current data call is March 31, 2017. Submissions before March 31 will be evaluated for inclusion in the next LF data cycle. Submissions after March 31 will be considered in subsequent efforts.
The primary focus for this data call is to collect both polygon disturbance and treatment activities that occurred in 2015/2016 and airborne lidar data. The secondary focus is to collect vegetation/fuel plot data. The official LF 2015 remap plot data submission deadline passed. However, LF will incorporate additional data as time and production schedules allow or they will be archived for future evaluation. LF also welcomes feedback on current products.
LF needs your help to collect four types of data:
- Polygon for disturbance and treatment activities: Polygons are first priority data for the biennial updates (LF 2012, LF 2014, etc.) and are processed and maintained in the LF Events Geodatabase.
|Category||Theme or Event (polygon)
|Wildland Fire Use
||Insects and Disease
||Exotic Plant Infestations
|Event type (required)|
|Event year (required)|
|Start date |
|Severity of event |
|Name of reporting entity (e.g., USFS, NPS, BLM, FWS)|
|Comments (e.g., effects on vegetation or fuel)
- Lidar Data Lidar data are first priority data for mapping (LF 2015) and will be used to develop vegetation structure models.
The LF remap effort will use airborne lidar data collections to develop vegetation structure models. Lidar data contributions should greatly improve the vegetation structure map quality where available.
- Please provide links and contact information to obtain data that are available to the public.
- If data are not publically accessible, please contact the LF Reference Data Administrator to determine the best method for transfer.
- Plot data for vegetation and fuel conditions: Plot data are the first priority data for mapping (LF c2001 / LF 2015) and are processed and maintained in the LF Reference Database (LFRDB)
|geo-referenced vegetation and fuel conditions
||tabular - text files, spreadsheets, relational databases|
|Spatial- shapefiles, geodatabases, coverages|
- Feedback on LF products: Feedback is secondary priority data for updates and remaps and are processed and maintained in the Issues Tracking Database.
|LF Data Products
|Narrative and GIS data (e.g. local vegetation or fuel maps)|
|Edited LF data|
LF Data Contribution Letters:
- LF Program Letters
- LF Departmental/Agency Direction Letters
LF Reference Data Requirements minimum information needed for each data type and additional attributes that are highly beneficial to improve data products.
LF Data Draw Frequently Asked Questions related to contributing data
How Data Impacts LF examples of how your data contributions impact LF products
For data submission, questions, or you are aware of other data sources, contact:
LANDFIRE Reference Data Administrator